Let’s talk about efficiently conducted house moves in this post. You would resonate with us if you are also experiencing or are about to conduct a relocation project for yourself. Are you moving out of Bangalore to settle down in Hyderabad? Have the moving authorities – the pro team of packers and movers in Bangalore been booked for the same? Well, if not, then make sure you call them early and also check out the move advising we have shared below!
• Know what to ask the movers: You may have shortlisted
4-5 moving companies as per your financial capacity and moving needs but reaching out to that final moving company that would cater to your exact move needs and support your move efficiently – right from prepping up your goods to cataloging them to finally putting them into moving boxes and accomplishing everything in between, would take time. So, do not take more time and quickly select a good mover that operates legally, has clear terms and clauses mentioned, and has a quality workforce conducting hassle-free moves (you will get to know of this if you research and read about the moving company and go through their website carefully).
• Discard unneeded things: Do not even think of proceeding with the packing task if you have not sorted and de-cluttered your space. Moving every item – small and big, old and new would only hoard up your new house and would never add up to shape into a great visual. So, take your time and inspect your entire house to spot the things that are simply lying there but serving no purpose. Reduce your book collection if you have too many of them. You can always donate books to the poor or even gift some great reads to your friends and colleagues and the best thing is nobody would mind. Similarly, for your clothes and rarely-used kitchen and household goods. Just make sure you keep only those that you would use in the future.
• Arrange sturdy boxes: The regular cardboard boxes available in the market cannot extend your goods the much-needed support and protection they need to endure the entire transit journey. So, do not overthink and just lay your hands on good-quality packing boxes even if you are getting them locally and not from the moving company. Purchasing packing essentials from the movers may come out as a major expense (this is what we have heard customers sharing) but that is not a problem. If you get to purchase them from wholesale shops or from shopping marts that have several of these boxes in store (owing to their daily receiving of goods), you can get them at discounted rates.
• Pack the breakables: All the items at your place that are either too flimsy or delicate owing to their complex nature must be wrapped and packed for the move with utmost delicacy. Do not go wrong with the process because you never know how much pressure or load they can endure staying in shape. So, when you are packing your fragile goods – choose an open, well-lit area that can allow you to do the maneuvering the item without any hassle (there could be some big-size fragile items in your household as well). Start by first laying a towel or a moving blanket or a blanket on the surface where you are thinking of packing the item. Then going with the right process, add up the layers of protection you want – first do it with packing paper and after giving it a good wrap, add cushioning with bubble wrap or foam sheet.
• Get onto the furniture: All the giant wooden items that you have at home should be carefully analyzed before you choose to pack them for the move. We would advise you to not get into any complicated handling tasks. You may hurt yourself along the process because this is not the usual gift-wrapping thing that you can do casually. Furniture handling requires techniques and strategy and step-wise dismantling of certain items that cannot be packed entirely. But still, if you think of packing some of your furniture and other similar items, you can go as directed in the packing guidebooks and packing tutorials. Get right packing materials and the equipment that you would need for the task and progress little by little to ensure safety.
• Pack the rest of the things: All the other things that the movers have not attended to for various reasons should be taken care of by you. Arrange the packing materials that the task would call for in place and put things into the moving boxes left at your place. Sure there would not be a lot of things to pack but you must not do the packing hastily. Everything should be wrapped gently and cushioned well in bubble wrap, plastic sheets, or packing paper. Secure everything at last with coats of packaging tape and see if every moving carton is labeled. Labeling is indeed one of the most important aspects to take care of and if not the movers, you can also work out the same for yourself.
• Stay composed always: Owing to the packing and moving hassle, chances are you would miss out to take care of yourself. Do not allow the situations around you to do that to you. Breathe easy and stay organized and most importantly, do not strain yourself. Focus on how you can make the situation better and synchronize things by having a word with the movers. At no point, let the feeling of nervousness take over the peace of your mind. Trust the process and if you have administered your move well, and taken care of everything from the beginning to the end, everything will be fine. Keep in touch with the movers to stay updated on the movers’ next move.
Packing belongings and getting ahead for the move might not seem to be your thing. But the professional movers and packers in Bangalore you will hire will handle it all and eventually make your transition as seamless and worthwhile as possible!